Wednesday, March 9, 2016

An interview with Shane Lewis


Q: How did you get started as an actor?

Shane:  I starred in a reality show for the Discovery Channel, Naked and Afraid.  I was in the pilot episode and then in the series, Naked and Afraid XL.  As one of the highest rated shows in the history of the network, I received a great deal of attention.  During interviews and subsequent events, I was approached by various people in the industry who gave me positive feedback and encouragement to move into acting.  After the way I grew up, it felt good to have people appreciate  and to support me.


Q: What kinds of roles are you best at playing?

Shane: I feel that I do my best in roles when I can portray a heavy thinker, those who don't take things at face value and demonstrate strong character traits.


Q: Is there a director whose work you admire and with whom you would like to work?

Shane: I admire & respect JJ Abrams work. From television in shows like alias to the movies he's directed.  When star trek was relaunched, I was impressed with the story changes; Spock planet and mother being destroyed. The amazing ways the well known characters interacted & developed with subtle changes took bravery to film. The risky stunt work and action scenes never had a feel of filler or generics. I hope I get the chance to work with him for all these reasons. 


Q: Do you have a wish list of directors?

Shane: Yes, Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson, the Wachowski brothers are on my list.
 

Q: What is your background?  

Shane: I've spent the past 20 years traveling the world and gaining proficiency at various extreme sports.  I've maintained a blog for several years sharing my adventures and in 2013 published an autobiography Growing up institutionalized to globetrotting. I had a difficult childhood, living in boarding schools and as a ward of the state.  I have since learned to enjoy the outcome of being able to make choices regarding the paths I take in life. Good or bad, having the freedom to try new things is not only rewarding, but has resulted in many once in a lifetime experiences.




For further information contact:

Shaneoffthegrid@gmail.com



5 comments:

  1. You are so cool! Enjoyed watching you on Naked And Afraid. I was hoping you went to the end. You did a great job and was a great worker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I'm S1E1 of naked & afraid. I made my 21 days. I tapped out of XL SEASON 1 DUE TO Crappy teamates. I make my 40 days in XL SEASON 4. Made it until the end. Even with another morally bankrupt teamate doing all she could to sabotage my completion. I still made it to the end. I have nothing left to prove. Fans ,trolls, stalkers & haters have to resort to obscure platforms to contact me. Since ive deleted all my social media accounts ( FTR Best decision I've made in years ) & restricted all my youtube videos. Be safe. Crazy world these days

      Delete
  2. By the "I have nothing left to prove" comment, I take it you have no plans of returning? Sucks. I liked your style and hard work. I hope to see you again doing something. Good luck! I will try not to stalk too much. It just sucked I haven't see you on naa in a while.

    ReplyDelete